Tom Perry returns to the studio to talk about just how challenging the global employee engagement landscape is and what you can do to determine whether you're in a short-term slump or if it's time to move on.
Are you considered an engaged employee?
- There are two different types of disengaged employees
- 7 out of 10 workers in the US are disengaged
- Evaluate your level of engagement
- Identify strengths and values, what you're good at
- For managers: who is putting their hand up to make an impact; do they have a good attitude; do they talk about their future with the organization
- Being disengaged can be a forcing function for change
- Identify and build intent around changing the situation
- Disengagement costs money ($500B globally every year)
- How do you feel on Sunday night?
- Change before you have to - Jack Welch
- Recommended read: You are a Bad ASS - Jen Sincero