Tom Perry, Founder of Engaged Pursuit, joins us in this episode and explains how creating your professional story can help you understand more about yourself and how to best apply that knowledge to your career path.
- Tom digs into the six (6) elements that he uses with clients in coaching them through the development of their professional story
- Job transition is not easy…but worth the hard work
- Developing your professional story can help create intent
- Be clear about who you are professionally…for today or tomorrow
- Figure out what I want to do in 3-5 years even if you don't even know what you want for lunch
- It’s okay to take baby steps in creating your story
- What do you get energy from?
- Tell me about yourself is one of the most dreaded questions everyone has been asked in their career and job search journey
- Articulating your professional story be the one thing that differentiates you from the next candidate
- Assess your strengths: Do you like to motivate others, are you good at sales, are you doing what you like/love/are excited about?
- Don't know where to begin? Start with a word salad.
- Leverage the people in your network (professionally and personally) to answer the question "If you were to describe me to someone else, what would you say?"